1993 • Black • Hanoverian • 170cm
- In 2018, the World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses leads De Niro to sixth place for the sixth time as the best dressage horse sire in the world. The life benefit of his offspring rises to over 3 million euros.
- 2017 De Niro is the fifth time the best dressage sire in the world.
- In 2016, Desperados and Kristina Bröring-Sprehe win single bronze and team gold at the Rio Olympics.
For the fourth time De Niro is at the top of the world for dressage sires.
The lifetime winnings of his descendants rises to over 2.7 million euros !
- 2015 Desperados (Kristina Broering-Sprehe) and Delgado (Beatriz Ferrer-Salat) win silver and bronze at the European Championships in Aachen. De Niro is once again the world’s best dressage sire.
In 2014 the German dressage team wins the gold medal at the World Equestrian Games in Normandy with Desperados – Kristina Sprehe and D’Agostino – Fabienne Lütkemeier.
- In 2013, De Niro confirmed his status as the best dressage horse sire in the world. The German dressage team with Desperados and D’Agostino wins the gold medal at the European Championships in Herning. The De Niro-Rosario son, bred by Josef Greten, is the champion stallion of the licensing in Oldenburg and sold for a sensational 910,000 euros to the Danish Olympic champion Andreas Helgstrand.
- In 2012, six descendants of De Niro came to the Olympic Games in London. For Germany: Desperados and Kristina Sprehe, Dablino and Anabel Balkenhol, as well as reserve horse D’Agostino and Fabienne Lütkemeier. For Spain Delgado and Beatriz Ferrer-Salat, for Belgium Donnerfee and Claudia Fassaert and as Reserve Horse for Canada Devon L and Diane Creech.
De Niro takes the top position in the ranking of the World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses and is thus the best dressage horse sire in the world.
- In 2011, De Niro’s offspring will reach a yearly profit of more than 230,000 euros, which means that the lifetime prize of his descendants exceeds 1,000,000 euros.
- 2010 De Niro achieves 5th place in the World Breeding Federation for Sporthorses with 10 successful offspring in the International Grand Prix Sport. His son Dablino wins team bronze medal at Anabel Balkenhol at the World Equestrian Games in Kentucky. Desperados v. De Niro and Falk Rosenbauer win the German Dressage Derby in Hamburg.
- 2009 De Niro presents two European champions and with Dablino the most successful Grand Prix youngster.
- 2008 De Niro is named the stallion of the year by the Hannoveraner Verband.
- In 2007, the De Niro son Deveraux becomes world champion of 6-year old dressage horses. Several De Niro descendants are already victorious in Grand Prix tests.
- 2006 De Niro, with 14 offspring, is the largest contingent at the BC in Warendorf.
- In 2005, De Niro, mother dam, brings the champion stallion in Verden.
- In 2004, De Niro, after two reserve winners, with Dancier, the champion stallion in Verden.
- 2003 victory in the German Dressage Derby in Hamburg.
- 2002 international victorious in the Grand Prix and Grand Prix Special in Saumur and Berlin.
- In 2001 De Niro wins under Dolf-D. Keller at the German Championship of professional riders.
- At the age of 7, De Niro is already victorious in the Grand Prix.
- 1997 De Niro reserve champion of the stallion performance test in Adelheidsdorf with 141.93 points and rideability winner with 145.41 points.
De Niro has over 85 licensed stallions in his peering career. His offspring are sought after worldwide and successful at all dressage courses. Find out more about this exceptional stallion here .