We understand that for some breeders, the thoughts of artificial insemination or the use of chilled or frozen semen can seem a daunting task. We are very happy to help any breeder access the semen of the stallion they wish to use and we too want your mare to go in foal as easily as possible. We are as transparent and honest in our appraisal of semen quality and stallion fertility so that breeders can make an informed discussion. Having specialised in the area of equine reproduction, Emma-Rose is always happy to discuss the details of your mare and to suggest suitable stallion options to achieve a pregnancy. If you are a seasoned breeder considering embryo transfer and/or ICSI either in Ireland or abroad, we can also offer advice and are happy to help in any way that we can. If there is a stallion who you would like to use but do not find him in our brochure or website, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we may be still able to help.
The Ordering Process
Once you have decided on the stallion you would like to use for your mare, the details that we will require to process your order are:
- Your name, address, phone and email.
- Name and UELN or passport number of your mare
- Chosen stallion
- The veterinarian you plan to use
- The shipment address of the chilled or frozen semen
- The studbook you wish to register your foal with, i.e. Horse Sport Ireland, Warmblood Studbook of Ireland, Zangersheide, Anglo-European Studbook etc
- Payment details.
- Some stallions require breeding contracts to be completed before semen shipments can occur.
- If you wish, for any of our stallions, we are happy to issue you with a full breeding contract. All of our T&Cs are contained in this brochure and also on our website.
- You order the semen from us and we look after the rest!
Important Points to ensure a smooth process:
- Orders must be placed at least the MORNING of the DAY BEFORE you need the semen;
- Chilled semen orders from abroad (all stallions except Luidam, Je T’aime Flamenco & Mermus R) must be placed before 9.00am
- Chilled semen orders for Luidam, Je T’aime Flamenco & Mermus R must be placed before 12.00 am (Mermus R to be ordered from Richie Fitzgerald, Bonmahon Stud).
- Frozen semen orders must be placed before 2.00pm. UK frozen semen orders must allow up to 3 working days for generation of health papers.
- Orders that are not received on time cannot be guaranteed. While we will always endeavour to accommodate all breeders and orders, sometimes it is simply not possible if the order is received late.
- Luidam & Je T’aime Flamenco are not available on Sunday.
- Chilled semen orders for stallions standing abroad cannot be processed when there is a public holiday in the country in which they stand.
- Chilled and frozen semen orders cannot be sent nor delivered on bank holidays in Ireland and Northern. A list of all holidays for all countries is listed on our website.
- Saturday shipments of chilled and frozen semen are available in Ireland, Nothern Ireland and the UK at the standard shipping rates + an additional €30.00 + VAT.
- We kindly ask that you return the chilled semen boxes.
- We organise the return of our frozen semen shipping containers. Failure to have the container ready for return may incur a fee.
- Casall Ask is limited to Ballybrown Equine Clinic in Limerick and Larry Dunne in Wicklow in Ireland. In the UK, Casall is limited to Arundel Equine Hospital in West Sussex and Equine Reproductive Services in North Yorkshire.
Storage & Distribution Costs:
Chilled Semen Collections at Stud (Monday to Saturday);
Luidam & Je T’aime Flamenco: €30 + VAT
Chilled Semen Shipments (VAT 23%);
Luidam & Je T’aime Flamenco: €36.58 + VAT
From Holland: €100 + VAT
From Germany/Belgium: €120 + VAT
From France: €130 + VAT
Frozen Semen Shipments (VAT 23%); (Prices include health papers & container return fee)
To our ‘recommended vets’; €36.58 + VAT
To any other Ireland/Northern Ireland address: €60.98 + VAT
To United Kingdom: €250 + VAT
To Near Europe: €350 + VAT
To Far Europe: €400 + VAT
Express, Same Day and Saturday Shipments are available at additional costs.
Storage of Frozen Semen
Short term storage for frozen semen during the season is offered free of charge.
Long term storage (more than 3 months); €10 + VAT per month
For long term storage of a large volume of semen please contact us.
If you have any queries or questions please contact us for more information.
We are very happy to help!