We understand that for some breeders, the thoughts of artificial insemination or the use of chilled or frozen semen can seem a daunting task. We are very happy to help any breeder access the semen of the stallion they wish to use and we too want your mare to go in foal as easily as possible. We are as transparent and honest in our appraisal of semen quality and stallion fertility so that breeders can make an informed discussion. Having specialised in the area of equine reproduction, Emma-Rose is always happy to discuss the details of your mare and to suggest suitable stallion options to achieve a pregnancy. If you are a seasoned breeder considering embryo transfer and/or ICSI either in Ireland or abroad, we can also offer advice and are happy to help in any way that we can. If there is a stallion who you would like to use but do not find him in our brochure or website, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we may be still able to help.
***By ordering semen with Euro Stallions you are legally bound by our Terms & Conditions***
The Ordering Process
Once you have decided on the stallion you would like to use for your mare, the details that we will require to process your order are:
- Your name, address, phone and email.
- Name and UELN or passport number of your mare
- Chosen stallion
- The veterinarian you plan to use
- The shipment address of the chilled or frozen semen
- The studbook you wish to register your foal with, i.e. Horse Sport Ireland, Warmblood Studbook of Ireland, Zangersheide, Anglo-European Studbook etc
- Payment details.
- Some stallions require breeding contracts to be completed before semen shipments can occur.
- If you wish, for any of our stallions, we are happy to issue you with a full breeding contract. All of our T&Cs are available our website.
- You order the semen from us and we look after the rest!
Important Points to ensure a smooth process:
We cannot process your order without the full details. If your vet is ordering on your behalf, you will need to supply your full details in advance. We cannot accept an order from your vet if you have not been in contact with us first.
- Orders must be placed at least the MORNING of the DAY BEFORE you need the semen;
- Chilled semen orders from abroad (all stallions except Mermus R & Pilothago) must be placed before 9.00am
- Chilled semen orders for Zangersheide stallions must be placed before 8am.
- Chilled semen orders for Mermus R & Pilothago must be placed before 12 Noon
- Frozen semen orders must be placed before 1.00pm.
- UK frozen semen orders are now shipped from our storage and distribution centre in Co Tyrone.
- Orders that are not received on time cannot be guaranteed. While we will always endeavour to accommodate all breeders and orders, sometimes it is simply not possible if the order is received late.
- Mermus R & Pilothago are not available on Sunday.
- Chilled semen orders for stallions standing abroad cannot be processed when there is a public holiday in the country in which they stand.
- Chilled and frozen semen orders cannot be sent nor delivered on bank holidays in Ireland and Northern. A list of all holidays for all countries is listed on our website.
- Saturday shipments of chilled and frozen semen are available in Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK at the standard shipping rates + an additional €40.00 + VAT.
- We kindly ask that you return the chilled semen boxes.
- We organise the return of our frozen semen shipping containers. Failure to have the container ready for return may incur a fee.
New for 2019 – Euro Stallions will automatically credit your account with €175 for any chilled semen shipments that do not arrive within 24 hours! Euro Stallions has never charged for failed chilled semen shipments, but now in addition to no fees, you will receive €175 + VAT credit on your account with us.
(€175 credit note will be added to your account and automatically applied to any outstanding balances. The credit note cannot be offered against shipments that are delayed due to natural disasters or those that cannot be delivered in cases where the vet or client are at fault. We accounts run into arrears we reserve the right to reverse the credit note applied)
Same day collections are possible by arrangement, between 2pm and 9pm.
Chilled Semen Collections in Tullamore, Offaly;
Pilothago TN & Mermus R: €35 + VAT
Frozen Semen Collections in Tullamore, Offaly;
Frozen semen may only be collected by prior arrangement in our dry shippers: €65 + VAT
Chilled Semen Shipments (VAT 23%);
From Euro Stallions, Ireland (Pilothago TN & Mermus R)
- Domestic: €55 + VAT
- Rest of EU; Outside Republic of Ireland: €110 + VAT
From Holland: €110 + VAT
From Germany/Belgium: €130 + VAT
From France: €150 + VAT
Frozen Semen Shipments (VAT 23%); (Prices include health papers & container return fee)
To our ‘useful contacts veterinary clinics’ excl Ballyorney; €55 + VAT
To any other Ireland/Northern Ireland address: €75 + VAT
To United Kingdom: €120 + VAT
To Near Europe: €350 + VAT
To Far Europe: €400 + VAT
Express, Same Day and Saturday Shipments are available at additional costs.
Euro Stallions are very excited to announce that we have now established a semen storage and distribution center in Northern Ireland to better serve our UK Client base. We are also the exclusive distributors for the Holsteiner Verband, Ibreed and Stal de Muze, Tangelo v/d Zuuthoeve, Mermus R and Tolan R in the UK and all of these stallions are now available on a next day delivery service, without the delay of health papers.
Frozen semen shipments within the UK: €120 + 13.5% VAT – including container return.
Stallions such as Casall, Vigo D’Arsouilles, Tangelo vd Zuuthoeve, Clarimo, Malito de Reve, Mermus R, Tolan R, Dexter R and many more are already in stock in the UK and waiting for you!
Storage of Frozen Semen
Short term storage for frozen semen during the season is offered free of charge.
Long term storage (more than 3 months); €10 + VAT per month in either our Southern Ireland or Northern Ireland Storage Centers.
For long term storage of a large volume of semen please contact us.
If you have any queries or questions please contact us for more information.
We are very happy to help!