Ordering from Euro Stallions
By the time you come to order, you may have already spoken to us and we would always like to speak to you first. Please ensure that you have read very carefully the breeding conditions for each stallion (listed at the bottom of each stallion page), because every stud have their own conditions and these differ between stallions. If you have any queries, we will be happy to go through the breeding conditions with you.
We are happy to accept orders by phone or email. In any case, the same information must be given:
1. Your full contact details.
2. Your mare’s passport details; name and Universal Equine Life Number (UELN). This is essential for chilled semen orders and semen cannot be sent without these details.
3. Registration Details of the Foal: which studbook you wish to use, whether or not you are performing normal artificial insemination, embryo transfer, embryo freezing or OPU & ICSI.
4. Preferred method of payment and billing details. Full payment is required in advance of any semen shipments.
5. Your vets full contact details (if you are not using one of our recommended vets).
Once we have all these on file we can process the order and ship the semen. We do not ship any semen without full, prior payment.
Please ensure that you read our Terms and Conditions before placing an order.
Chilled Semen Overview:
1. Once you have selected your stallion, please get in contact with us and supply the above information.
2. We will send you a detailed quote, outlining the stud fee and any additional shipping and health paper costs.
3. When you start to scan and follow your mare, please keep us informed of her progress. It is best to give some notice of when the chilled semen will be ordered, especially with the busier stallions.
4. Please pass on our contact details to your vet.
5. Please ensure that Euro Stallions has the exact address of where the chilled semen is to be shipped to.
6. Vet/Stud/Owner should call Euro Stallions between 6.30am and 9am on the day the semen is to be ordered. The time frame for ordering varies between the studs. We will advise you of the best day to order at the time of booking your mare for the stallion.
7. Euro Stallions will order the chilled semen and track all deliveries until they arrive at the specified address. We will manage any delays that may arise. Euro Stallions are registered importers of equine semen and have a good working relationship with the department officials.
8. When the semen arrives, the vet will inseminate your mare and complete a short insemination form which is to be returned to Euro Stallions.
9. It is advisable to first have your mare scanned at 14 days post ovulation. If your mare is not in foal, please let us know.
10. If your mare is scanned in foal, please ensure that we receive confirmation of the pregnancy before September. We will require this information in order to be able to complete covering certificates on time.
Frozen Semen Overview
1. Once you have selected your stallion, please get in contact with us and supply the relevant mare, payment and vet information, outlined above.
2. We will send you a detailed quote, outlining the stud fee and any additional shipping and health paper costs. Shipping and health paper costs are minimised (and in some cases excluded) when you use one of our recommended vets.
3. When you start to scan and follow your mare, please keep us informed of her progress. You may decide to ship and store your frozen semen at your veterinary clinic in advance of your mare’s cycle and this is no problem. Please ensure that your vet has full and maintained liquid nitrogen storage tanks. Careful shipping and storage is essential to maintain the frozen semen fertility. You should also check if your frozen semen is insured whilst at the clinic. If you use one of our recommended vets, we will organise all shipping and your frozen semen is fully insured.
4. Please pass on our contact details to your vet. We will send frozen semen handling and thawing advice with all frozen semen shipments. We will also supply all vets with the terms and conditions of the frozen semen and advise of the recommended straws to be used per dose.
5. Please ensure that Euro Stallions has the exact address of where the frozen semen is to be shipped to.
6. Once your mare is inseminated, we will request that the vet fills out a short insemination form.
7. It is advisable to first have your mare scanned at 14 days post ovulation. If your mare is not in foal, please let us know.
8. If your mare is scanned in foal, please ensure that we receive confirmation of the pregnancy before September. We will require this information in order to be able to complete covering certificates on time.
Points to Note;
– Please be aware of the Public Holiday dates in Ireland on the Continent, click here for details.
– The more notice we have and the more details we are aware of of your mare’s progress, the smoother the ordering process!
– Some stallions are in high demand during May – July and chilled semen may not always be available. We will advise you of these stallions at the time of booking and will suggest that you have a second stallion as back-up or offer a frozen semen option.
– When ordering chilled semen please only do so via phone. The ordering window is tight to ensure timely arrival of your semen and it best not to rely on text messages, voicemail or email.
– At time of booking, we will advise you as to the ordering timelines for your stallion.
If you have any queries or questions please contact us for more information.
We are very happy to help!